Yesterday I decided to tackle this craft. I’ve been wanting to do something with coffee filters for a long time now and then when I went to do it, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to somehow color the edges and make a wreath and after talking to Emily, she suggested using crayola markers.
Then I put them in the dryer. It learned that it is good to separate them a bit before putting them in so they dry faster and don’t just get stuck to each other.
Here they are dry stuffed in a grocery bag. Lovely, I know but it was the best way to get them all out of the dryer. I had a ton of filters and wasn’t sure what to expect- I thought it would take me way more to fill the wreath, but I was wrong. I could probably make 2 more wreaths with the leftovers so if anyone wants my grocery bag full of them…
Some of the colors bled onto others a bit, so if it really bothers you, do them separate. And don’t stack the colors on top of each other when they are wet. I really didn’t care too much so it wasn’t a big deal. The gray surprisingly turned out more purple than gray, but I think the color is pretty.
I took my wreath form and wrapped it in tissue paper. It was really all I had for this, although burlap, fabric, felt or other things would work just fine. I just didn’t want to use fabric when I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. Plus, a piece of tissue paper (cut into a few strips) costs very little.
Grab the each filter and get out that hot glue gun. Just don’t be like me- I now have 2 blisters from burning myself. Gather the filters in the middle to look like a flower and glue as you go. It’s totally up to you what you want it to look like.
Here is my finished wreath. It was fun and a perfect addition to my limited spring decor.