finished projects

I am the queen of starting projects and not finishing them.  I finished these projects a few weeks ago and realized I need to share the final product (at least I need to for myself so I can see some items checked off my list).

Anthropology shower curtain:

color bench:

despite not fitting on my front step (I wish I had a porch), it makes me happy to see all of the color. It will be fun in my backyard one day.

This entry was posted in Projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to finished projects

1. Emily says:

those rock. Love the shower curtain. I’m thinking I need to make a lamp shade like it. E

2. Pingback: shower curtain |

3. eliza says:

How did you make the shower curtain exactly like anthropologie’s?
    super cute.
    Eliza

4. Maria Kiser says:

I love this!!! Will definitely be trying soon!

5. Sandra says:

I absolutely love this. It is so cute! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing. I’m sure there will be a lot more cute bathrooms thanks to you!

6. Nesha says:

Love the curtain. Do you make these for resale?

7. mandee says:

where did you buy the shower hooks from??

8. Paula says:

about how many yards do u reckon that took to make this shower curtain? :) i so wanna try it out :)

• Kristen says:

Paula,

It takes a significant amount of fabric because you are using ruffles. Part of your amount will depend on if you are sewing it onto a backing of the same fabric or if you already have something you are sewing it onto. I purchased 2 large flat sheets from Wal-mart to save the cost on fabric, but I would guess that you would need about 4 yards. I will be posting a mini tutorial soon to help with this since there has been so much interest. good luck!

9. edwina heffernan says:

What a great look! Looking forward to the tutorial.

10. Bethany says:

Looking forward to the tutorial on the curtain. I love it, and want to moke one too!!

11. Michelle says:

Are you just using a bed skirt for the ruffles?

12. Debbie says:

I LOVE the shower curtain, I can’t wait to try one!!! Tks for posting n finishing it…lol

13. Susan Parsons says:

Would love to have the tutorial for the shower curtain!! Will you post soon?
    Thank you!!

14. Becky Smith says:

I usually make my curtains out of flat sheets from Wal-Mart. Also have used dark ones to line curtains to keep light out of bedrooms.

15. tamih says:

Your tutorial on how to make the shower curtain must be another one of those started projects that has yet to be finished, maybe we can convince you that you REALLY need to do the tutorial. Your shower curtain is marvelous looking, I’d love to try to do one, but I too am not “handy” at sewing or making button holes… please please please do finish up (or even start for that matter) your how-to tutorial.

16. Virginia Barosh says:

are the ruffles made of double fabric/with fold at bottom? Can’t see a hem on them in the pictures.

• kristen says:

Virginia-
      No, they are just hemmed along the bottom. This project takes up a ton of fabric, so I was trying to make it go as far as I could.

17. Pingback: Pinterest Feature Friday - PFF #24 - The Scrap Shoppe